18 June 2013

Writer Wannabe

I tell everyone that I want to become a writer. I tell them that I want to write for a living. I dream of becoming a writer, living the life of typing life into words. That is all I want to be now. I just want to write, and write, and write.

The problem is: I am not as inspired as I should be. 

I feel like I am lying to people when I say I want to become a writer. I feel like I am lying to myself. What if I cannot cope with becoming a writer? What if I am not good enough to write about things that people read about? 

I think insecurity is part of becoming a writer. Funny, I have this mental and emotional picture in my head of what a writer should be like- like characters from movies and series that I watch and those characters are what I want to be like; a writer like them. 

I tell people I want to become a writer but I do not even know what I will be writing about. A journalist? A story-teller? A scriptwriter? I do not know but all I want to do is write.

I tell people I want to become a writer- but I am not convinced enough that I could. 

But a boy can dream, a boy can dream.


p.s: Write for a living. 

2 comments:

  1. I just want someone to tell me that I CAN be what I want to be, too.

    But, I always feel like even the people closest to me would be skeptical about my abilities to write. Or do do anything actually. It is really demotivating.

    I hate having people not having faith in me. It makes even trying to be better a lost cause.

    So, AJ, I just want to tell you that you can be a writer. Not because I say so. But, because I have seen your potential and I have seen your drive and if you keep them and don't change too much. You'll be fine.

    But you probably know this already. Haha.. Because a boy (or a girl) can dream.

    Ok. That's all. :)

    ReplyDelete