The other day I was in a train on my way to work when in came this girl, black tudung and purple baju kurung. She sat opposite me. I did not see anything unusual or remarkable about her except when I started staring at her eyes.
She had the saddest looking eyes I've ever seen. It was as if I could feel the pain she felt, whatever the causes of her pain may be. She was staring at everyone else, pitifully and I could not help but feel a sense of heartache just by looking at her looking at other people.
Her eyes were remarkably sad and I wanted to ask her what she was going through but I just sat there looking at her eyes and I chocked a bit. I thought of myself and wondered if my eyes gave out the same sort of sadness and pain like hers did.
I began to think of the times when I though my life was tough when clearly others are going through harder and more difficult time than I. I complain ceaselessly, bitch and moan about my so called "tough" life but when in fact other people actually are going through crap every single day.
I got off the train when I reached my stop, but I could not stop thinking about the girl with the painful eyes. She did not know it, eventhough the girl did not utter a single word to me, she had taught me about life.
No comments:
Post a Comment