19 January 2013

According to Taylor Swift


I should have known better that all men and boys are the same. I should have known better. Shame on me. Shame, on me! What was I thinking dating a guy from across the pond? I thought dating an English boy/man could be the turning point in my dating caree…relationship. I thought that his polish English accent and thick set of hair and impeccable sense of style could last me a lifetime. Heck, no. I write these songs about failed relationships, heartbreaks (and the occasional happy songs about success in love and boys just to go with the flow of the market) hoping that girls don’t follow my lead. You know what, some girls who listen to my tracks probably have a better dating record than I do. Or maybe the girls who have never dated before would steer away from the dating pool like forever after listening to one of my many hit songs about failed relationships, Romeo and Juliet love story and being naïve at the age of 15. Thanks to me. Congrats Taylor, you’ve probably saved a thousand little girls’ hearts from being broken by boys.

I have started to wonder whether the mantra “It’s not you, it’s me,” is a curse against me or something. Maybe it is because I like the number 13, that’s why I’m cursed. I have dated guys ranging from a Jonas, to a werewolf, to a Directioner. I even tried dating a regular guy and that didn’t work. Maybe Kanye cursed me. He’s now happy with the Kardashian lady and they’re expecting a kid. Now where does that leave me? Oh, broken-hearted, beautiful, able to play the guitar and sing, and swimming in my wealth; single.  That’s right. Kanye must’ve put a curse on me the night when he said that Beyonce should win the award and not me. Maybe he and Beyonce put a curse on me! Gasps! OK, now I’m just being paranoid.

Truth of a matter is, maybe I’m not cut out for this love-relationship kinda thing you know? Sure I earn millions, I go all over the world singing my songs, I go to award shows wearing fancy dresses and outfits and I win awards and I have millions and millions of fans, and did I mention I earn millions? Oh yeah, I did. The truth is, I’m still just an ordinary Southern Belle who is still in search of true love and making music about how crappy boys are and how crappy it feels to be out of love. I’m just your average, girl-next-door hoping to make you mine, for more than a year. Marriage is out of the question. If I could secure a guy for more than a year, that would be great! 2013 is going to be the YEAR Taylor gon’ find herself a cowboy and be happy and ride off into the Californian sunset with my millions! 2013 baby! See, 13! My favourite number. You thought Adele was the only one who could get away with naming her albums with numbers? Na-uh. I can too! And I’m whole lot prettier, and smaller, and thinner and I can play the guitar!

Adele has a boyfriend and a baby boy? Screw it! I gonna get myself one. She’s probably writing songs about how happy she is with her new bundle of joy and her boyfriend. Darn, I wonder how writing songs with those feelings feels like. I should give it a try sometimes. But I gotta find me some men/boys first!

The next guy that earns my attention, my radar would definitely have to work and scream “That Guy is Trouble” lest I want to get heartbroken, again.


p.s: I’m not sure if I’m dating boys and failing at them so that I could write new songs, or it’s just me.

No comments:

Post a Comment