13 January 2011

isn't it ironic, don't you think?

life is so full of ironies. yes it does.


when you just think about and ponder, almost everything that occurs in our life or other everyone else's is the result of irony. let's say, you didn't study for an exam and yet you got the highest mark for it. that's an irony to you but to others you're a genius. or, it is an irony that you give advice to other people about how they should and could go on with their lives when your own is just as messed up and fucked up as their's are, or maybe worse.


I've always loved this word irony ever since I came across it in a song and it has become my favorite word in any language. funny how that word irony can be used to describe things or happenings that are so bizarre and funny to us or tragic to us. 


the three syllabled, 5 letter word can be used to sum up my life.


it is ironic that I am smiling when I am feeling extremely sad. it is also ironic that I wanna lose weight but I keep eating and eating. it is ironic too that I want things done my way and when people ask me to do things their way, I want to punch them in the face if I could. it is ironic that at the end of the day I would sometimes exclaim, "I've no time," when in reality I just spent my time doing nothing. 


those are just some of the examples of how ironic life is. 


if you see it from an ironic point of view, you will come to the realization that life is fair because when it comes to irony, the things that you don't expect usually comes into motion. 


so yeah, in my opinion life is full of ironies and these thoughts of ironic events that occur at my presence usually brings a smile on my face or even tears but at most of the time, it just makes me wonder about the complexities of life.



p.s: I wonder who created the word irony? he/she must've been a wise man/woman.

No comments:

Post a Comment